baby's coffer. click here pls.. & baby say's Thank You!

choose your language

Jan 15, 2013

12wks 4d Ultrasound & Obimin

Yesterday i went for my 12 weeks ultrasound. Was feeling a little anxious about the scan actually, knowing that i've not been taking 110% care of my nutrition intake and my wellbeing. Opps!
 
The doctor i met yesterday wasn't really friendly. Exchanged 'hellos' and she just looked at me with a smile on her face. Err.. Who should start? Me? Should i start asking her "How are you feeling today doctor?" or "How's the little one doing now?" Pffft. Finally she looked at my charts and asked me the number of times i've been to the clinic before directing me to the examination bed.
 
Phewww.. I was about to think that i'm in the wrong room.
 
Funny thing was, i had expected to do the scan with the probe thingy. Since the earlier one was done with that, i was ready to pull down the pants when the assistant told me that we'll only be doing the normal u/s. Heheee. Paisey already *blush*.
 
As the image start to show on the monitor, i could clearly see that it has grown more than triple its size from the month earlier! Yeay! Then as the scanner was moved across, doctor started her explaining...
 
"See the head?" awww... now that's one helluvva big head. hahaa.
Probbing summore...
 
"See the line there? That's the spine." owwh...
Probbing summore. Baby couldn't keep still and the measurements cant's be done.
 
"Ah.. See the heartbeat? Its so strong and beating fine."
Probbling summore and with a little pressure applied, "Those white parts at the top are the baby's hands"
 
Alhamdulillah.. That was all i could say in my heart. This time hubs knew what he was seeing and he got all excited.
 
Can't really get a perfect print since baby was squirming and doing somersaults too much. The print came out eventually and the best didn't show the full form of baby. Well.. I could remember vividly what we saw and that's good enuff.

pls don't mind the crinkled print. i was given this :(

I was a little reluctant to leave the room since the doctor really isn't telling me much. I needed assurance "Doc, you think the baby's growing as it should? Is the heartbeat alright? Is there a need to worry?"
 
"The heartbeat's really strong. Don't you worry, baby is turning and moving its hands and legs and that's a good sign of a strong heartbeat."
 
Okay.. Thanks doc. Anyways, since i'm already into the 3rd month, doc prescribed me with Obimin. Problem is..... i totally forgot to ask the doc if i should still be continuing with the Folic Acid or should i stop. Spent the whole night Google-ing benefits of Obimin, to continue or stop folic acid etc etc etc. There were too many conflicting answers. Some were good and there are the -ves too. Too long to actually list them down in this post. Maybe i'll do it in another post altogether.
 
Till later.. Toodles!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...