Malaysia will soon become the next US in terms of medical expenses. Seriously! Have you seen rates lately??! Yeah, i know that the pricey ones are of course the private medical centres and the government hospitals are still available for those who are tight in their pockets (i'm speaking for myself here aite.). But comfort and reliability has always been an issue there.
Anyways, to avoid facing the unforseen with nothing, mr kiki and moi has decided to sign up for a policy which covers baby right from NOW till he's well into the tender age of 25.
Was recce-ing policies upon policies and we shortlisted 2 of the best (IMHO) - Prudential's PRUmy Child and Allianz PowerLink. One good thing about PRUmy Child is that is covers Unborn Baby as well as Mother. Which the latter does not have. So if anything is to happen to me during the pregnancy, that'll be on my own pockets lah. But i know that Allianz is cheaper and a little more flexible on the maturity age etc.
Our reasons for taking up policy:
1. The crazy medical bills in Malaysia
2. Critical medical conditions are not rare and could strike at anytime (malang tak berbau)
3. We could only hop for the best during childbirth, but in any way baby has to be intubated or will be born a preemie, he's covered.
4. Medical card
5. The policy also acts as savings for his education; which is another story altogether
6. If anything unforseen is to happen to the payor, policy will continue till he reaches the maturity age of 25 (at least i can rest in peace here)
After much thought and consideration, we decided to sign-up baby with Allianz. So.. Alhamdulillah, now baby will be insured (we got the call informing us of the successful application).
Will update again soon. I'll add more details & info on the policy.
pss: Baby will be 24 weeks / 6 months tomorrow!