So after baby wearing with a Moby Wrap (click here to site) and an Ergobaby, (click here to site) here's my review:
|Moby Wrap: Ilan @ 3 months|
|Ergobaby Sport: Ilan @ 5 months|
1. Super comfort for baby due to its snugness - Ilan IMMIDIATELY calms down from a screaming fit when placed in his Moby. And more often then not, will fall into deep sleep.
2. Thanks to its broad shoulder support (u can either wear it up or spread widely over your shoulder and back), you don't feel tired or sore even after wearing baby for hours
3. Easy cleaning (just throw it into the washing machine with your other laundry)
4. Multi-functional (can also be used as a blankie, sleeping mat, nursing cover etc). Saves space for travelling
5. No risk of hip-dysplasia (Read here!)
6. Lets baby grow with the Moby. Can be worn from newborn right up to whenever they feel like it. Adjustable hip support, shoulder height etc (ever changeable, just wrap it according to your need)
7. When baby sleeps or nursing while on the go, just spread the shoulder part over baby's head for instant support and comfort.
8. LOOKS GOOD on fashionable mummies and daddies :)
1. Too lengthy, and can be troublesome to wrap especially when baby is screaming and you have nowhere to put him down (this is when you are out alone)
2. Pricey (we got ours for RM179 at a warehouse sale)
3. Could get a little hot for baby and you (for Malaysian weather but ok for mall usage) especially if you are easily sweaty and hot.
Ergobaby Sport (Pros)
1. Easy no-fuss wearing (seriously. it took me less than a minute the first time I wore it!) MUCH LOVE!!
2. Thick padded waist support helps in supporting baby
3. No risk of hip-dysplasia
4. Material and locks tough enough to withstand age
5. Thick shoulder padding ensures no aching shoulders
6. Detachable, snap-on head hood (applicable for Sport only) for head support during nursing or sleep
7. Not as hot as Moby as the Sport version uses thinner material thus also making it the lightest of the 3 Ergo types.
1. PRICEY!! It retails in Malaysia at RM464 (we got ours used from mybabysell.com at RM160)
2.not as multi functional as the Moby
3. Can't figure out how to snap-on the back shoulder clip myself. Un-doing it is easy.
4. Loads of imitation ones n safety might be breached wth those imitations. So be careful
So after reading this review, surely u may think i'm done with the Moby. Owh no no no. Will definitely use it again! Not selling! Hope this helps in making your decision.. Happy baby wearing!